I have a burning sensation on my tongue and soft palate. Eating anything makes me very aware of this. Had a viral sore throat about a week ago. ?

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Many causes

Possible causes of your burning mouth or tongue include: acid reflux medication malnutrition food allergies nerve damage oral candidiasis anxiety, depression hormonal changes ~ menopause dentures ~ ill-fitting, material allergy dry mouth ~ sjögren’s syndrome, diabetes, thyroid problems.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: See a Dentist or MD

There is a condition called burning mouth syndrome that ive seen associated with gastric reflux disease.
Ive learned since that bms can be a primary condition or as a secondary symptiom it has been linked with yeast infections, b vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, and other systemic and psychological disorders. Do you wear a denture? See a doctor so he can examine you more thoroughly.

In brief: See a Dentist or MD

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Burning sensation

The tissue could still be recovering from the recent viral infection that you had and should continue to improve.
There are several conditions that can lead to burning in the mouth. One of these is burning mouth syndrome. These are conditions that don't improve over the short term. See your dr. If it doesn't get better in the next few days.

In brief: Burning sensation

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris