After the nova sure ablation, when can I have sex? My nurse said 2 weeks, my doctor said 3 then on my discharge papers it said 6 weeks? I didn't have a baby or a hysterectomy!

Dr. David Adler

In brief: 2 weeks

I recommend no intercourse for two weeks, but if your physician said three, you should follow that instruction.
There is no need to wait six weeks. Remember, there are alternatives to intercourse ;).

In brief: 2 weeks

Dr. David Adler
Dr. David Adler
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: 2 weeks is fine

Usually after an ablation i tell patients to wait until the discharge stops or 2 weeks & then only if they feel comfortable.
You're right, it's 6 weeks after a vaginal hysterectomy. You are free to have intercourse much sooner, remember the ablation is not birth control so make sure you can't get pregnant!

In brief: 2 weeks is fine

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Arnon Rubin