Is it advisable to be on low calorie diet while breastfeeding?

No. Breastfeeding requires many nutrients & burns a lot of calories. In order to produce an adequate supply of milk the body needs a good supply of nutrients & energy. Instead of counting calories new moms should focus on consuming a balanced diet rich in whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean meats. An extra 500 calories/day over typical requirements is recommended during breastfeeding.
No. Calorie restriction will affect your milk supply. You don't need to go the opposite direction and eat high fat, high calorie items but you should eat plentifully and healthfully with a balance of vegetables, fruits, grains, and protein. You should be eating something whenever you are hungry (at least every 2 hours) and drinking plenty of water.