What is treatment for heel spurs?

Keep in mind. That most commonly the pain of heel spurs is actually plantar fasciitis. Spurs rarely need to be treated, as they aren't on a weightbearing surface. Pf is an inflammation of the plantar fascia where it attaches to the heel. Spurs are a calcification of this attachment. Treatment is a combination of orthotics, stretching, icing, cortisone, night splints and more. Surgery is infrequently needed.
Treat if painful. Heel spurs should only be taken out surgically if they are associated with chronic plantar fasciitis or symptomatic insertional Achilles tendonitis. Plantar calcaneal heel spurs rarely ever cause pain but can be taken out as a last line of treatment for plantar fasciitis. If the heel spurs do not bother you then you do not need to treat them.
Stretching. Heel spurs are associated with plantar fasciatis.Most will respond to conservative treatment.Stretching, night splints , ultrasound, e-stim, orthtics, medications.Steroid injections can also be used. Surgery is usually the last alternative.