What can I do and what should I avoid when exercising while pregnant?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: IF fit-2 main things

Being involved in a fitness activity is a consideration for pregnant women in stable health with no complications who have time and want to exercise (beyond normal activity).
However, even they should always follow these key rules: 1 ask their most experienced OB providers what can be done now and ask again at every visit and with each new diagnosis or problem 2 avoid lying flat on the back & pain.

In brief: IF fit-2 main things

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Common sense

Remember to keep your heart rate 140 BPM or below, and to do activities only in moderation.

In brief: Common sense

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Mark Perloe
If you find you are getting a lot of burning in the muscle, you are likely getting a buildup of lactic acid. I usually recommend stopping for two minutes if the muscles get sore and then trying again. Maximum heart rate is 220 - YOUR AGE. I suggest exercise at 70-80% of that.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey