What is diagnosis of schizoid personality disorder?

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology

In brief: I am an island

It's a long-term and unusual pattern of experience and behavior. People with this disorder tend to be detached from social relationships.
When they're with others they may not show much emotion. They usually choose to be alone because they don't desire or enjoy close relationships. They don't tend to have close friends and may appear indifferent to praise or criticism.

In brief: I am an island

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Schizoid

The main feature of schizoid PD is an indifference to interpersonal relationships.
These are folks who tend not to experience lonlines or depression brought on by prolonged isolation from other people. They prefer it that way.

In brief: Schizoid