Is it true that perimenopause can cause high cholesterol?

The lack of estrogen with menopause causes a number of metabolic changes.
These include an elevated total cholesterol, a higher LDL (the bad cholesterol), and a lower HDL (the good cholesterol). Glucose metabolism and Insulin resistance can also change in unfavorable ways. A healthy life style with regular exercise and weight management are the best ways to manage these changes.

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Doug Hansen

In brief: Unfortunately, yes.

I hate to be the berror of bad news, but.
. Most studies show about a 10% increase in LDL cholesterol levels around the time of menopause as well as a rise in the risk of cardiovascular disease.

In brief: Unfortunately, yes.

Dr. Doug Hansen
Dr. Doug Hansen