Can you avoid complications after gastric bypass surgery?

Nothing's perfect. You can minimize the chances of surgery by picking an experienced surgeon and losing weight before your operation as best you can. But surgery is imperfect and you can't completely eliminate risk.
Bariatric surgery. Make sure that you are involved with a surgeon that runs a comprehensive program where patients are followed carefully. Ask to work with a nutritionist and or dietician before and after the procedure. There are many potential nutritional consequences of these bariatric surgical procedures.
Details for safety. Tips to avoid complications after bypass: choose quality doc + 1. Walk early to avoid leg clots. Use blood thinner and leg pumps to avoid clots (when indicated) 2. Antibiotics in or. 3. Test and treat sleep apnea before and after surgery. 4. Get cardiac clearance if indicated. 5. Test for h pylori in stomach to avoid ulcers. No tobacco to avoid ulcers. 6. Use pain catheters. 7. Test vit d levels.