After gastric bypass surgery, when should I follow up with the doctor?

Hmmmmm? That should have been made perfectly clear at the time of discharge from your surgery. That is a decision of the surgeon and could vary. Call the surgeon's office and speak with them or with his office personnel and find out this answer. It coud be 1 or 2 days or 1 or 2 weeks depending on your case. Call very soon and find out.
Follow up in 1-2 wks. Most patients go home in 1-2 days after surgery. Then you come back to the office in 1-2 weeks. You should call the office 24-7 if any problems. Good luck.