What exactly is a liquid diet?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Liquid diet
Liquid diet refers to requesting that all food be in a liquid form rather than a solid form. Clear fluids are foods like fruit juice, water, broth.
Other liquids are e.g. Milk, rice milk, almond milk, vegetable juice.

In brief: Liquid diet
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. John Scott
Bariatrics
In brief: Liquid diet
There are a variety of liquid based diets.
If you have been told by a physician to go on a liquid diet, you may want to clarify what is on the "diet." in my practice, i put patients on "clear liquids" prior to surgery to make sure their stomachs are empty at the time of their operation. Other times, i place people on "protein based liquid diets" (optifast...) to assist in weight loss efforts.

In brief: Liquid diet
Dr. John Scott
Dr. John Scott