Is blood transfusion required during bariatric surgery?

Rarely. Though there may be circumstances where transfusion is indicated, the vast majority of patients who undergo laparoscopic bariatric surgery have very little blood loss and therefore do not need blood transfusion.
Very rare. Approx 1-2% overall. Higher in patients that take "blood thinners", Aspirin products, and anti-inflammatory meds close to surgery.
Very rarely. Blood transfusion is very rare after bypass or any bariatric surgery. Overall about 1 in 200 chance. Make sure you stop aspirin.
Rarely. This procedure is associated with minimal loss of blood. A transfusion will be needed if there is unexpected bleeding.