If I have bariatric surgery, what exactly can I expect when I wake up in the recovery room?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: Nothing extraordinar
Once you wake up in the recovery room, you'd feel no different than if you had other type of surgery.
You may have some discomfort from the incision, some groginess from the anesthesia, a dressing on the abdomen, but those are common things after any surgery.

In brief: Nothing extraordinar
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Groggy discomfort
Right after surgery, you will be groggy.
Actually, you will not remember much. When i talk to patients and tell them all went well, they usually don't remember. The nurses often give medicine for nausea and pain. No breathing tubes.

In brief: Groggy discomfort
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery