How exactly is lap band bariatric surgery done?

LapBand surgery. Laparoscopically (cameras and instruments stuck through small incisions in the abdomen), a band is placed around the stomach, creating sort of an hourglass shape to the stomach. Perhaps takes 45 minutes.
Lap band. Although, I am unable and am not knowledgeable about the actual technique of lab band surgery, I can say that a band is introduced in the abdominal cavity around the upper part of the stomach (cardia) and is inflated with water to tighten it to create two pouches (upper and lower). The upper one being smaller than the lower. Once food gets in the upper pouch satiety ensues quickly.
Lap band. That requires a long answer. Look at these sites. Http://www. Realize. Com/adjustable-gastric-band-surgery-information. Htm http://www. Lapband. Com/ http://www. Obesityhelp. Com www. Lapbandtalk. Com.
Laparoscopic. It is usually done with small incisions. An instrument needs to be placed gently behind the stomach and it grasps the band. This allows the band to be locked in position around the upper stomach. The tubing is connected to a port which sits on top of the rectus muscle. The port is accessed with a special needle and fluid is added or removed.
Laparoscopic. Through small incisions a band is placed around the stomach. See details on lapband. Com.