How exactly does bariatric surgery affect health?

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics

In brief: Diabetes and more

Bariatric surgery has a major impact on diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, joint disease, gastric reflux, infertility, high cholesterol, headaches, urinary incontinence, and depression.
The latest press showing dramatic correction of diabetes should make anyone with a bmi over 35 (70 pounds overweight) and diabetes really think about bariatric surgery.

In brief: Diabetes and more

Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Where do I begin...

Can rid you of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, back pains, hip and knee pains, neck pains.
You'll sleep better, you'll have more energy, and you'll live longer. You'll keep your heart healthy and you joints functioning. Cures depression. I can go on...

In brief: Where do I begin...

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Bariatric Surgery

There are several bariatric procedures.
Each has their benefits and risks. Those risks are an aside from the surgical risks. The nutritional risks of the individual surgery should be discussed with the surgeon. Ask to see a nutritionist before and after the procedure to work with you to minimize or recognize the nutritional aspects of the surgery.

In brief: Bariatric Surgery

There are several bariatric procedures.
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine