Which type of genetic disorder is bipolar disorder?

Genetics of Bipolar. Although results inconsistent, many earlier studies suggest chromosomal aberrations (specifically chromosome 6q & 8q21). Most studies suggested heterogeneity (several genes involved, specifically those for serotonin, Dopamine & glutamate. Also, there is strong correlation with advanced paternal age, suggesting genetic mutations.
Unknown. Although bipolar d/o is felt to be hereditary, it can also occur in individuals without a family history. Bipolar d/o is considered to be a mood disorder. The cause of the condition is not known, nor is there a genetic test for it.