What is the best anti-depressant medication in your opinion?

Dr. Barbara Srur

In brief: It depends

There is no antidepressant that works for everyone.
I choose the antidepressant after getting a thorough history of symptoms. A person who sleeps excessively and is gaining weight and has no energy will get a different medicine than someone who is anxious, can't sleep and can't eat. Please consult a psychiatrist, who has the most knowledge about how best to use antidepressants.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Barbara Srur
Dr. Barbara Srur
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: None

I always prefer to find the underlying cause of the depressed symptoms and treat that hopefully eliminating the symptom of depression all together.

In brief: None

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine