How severe is adipex withdrawal?

Dr. Gail Altschuler
Bariatrics
In brief: No withdrawal
Adipex is not addictive and there is no withdrawal when stopped.
Someone who has used it for an extended time might notice increased hunger and some fatigue for a short time. Check with your doctor before changing your meds.

In brief: No withdrawal
Dr. Gail Altschuler
Dr. Gail Altschuler
2 comments
Dr. Lonny Horowitz
I have been treating with phentermine/Adipex for more than 26 years and have never observed withdrawal symptoms in a patient. The judicious treatment of patients with this drug had been proven to be safe and effective only under the direct supervision of an appropriately trained physician.
Dr. Jeff Blixt
I do addiction medicine as well as weight loss medicine, I use phentermine, I know what addiction looks like and phentermine does not cause it.
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics
In brief: Use only 3 months
Most doctors only use adipex (phentermine) for three months.
It is a stimulant and derivative of amphetamine. It is limited to a kick start period when you also combine healthy eating ( lots of veggies, protein, some fruits, and some grains. The withdrawal should not be an issue with a short course (i have never seen it).

In brief: Use only 3 months
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Marsha Davis