What is the difference between adipex and adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

Dr. George Valdez

There are many similaritires.
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) affects more parts of the brain.

There are many similaritires.
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Different drugs

Adipex is phenteramine; Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is amphetamine.
Both have and sometimes still are used as appetite suppressants. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is used mostly to treat adhd. Both are in the general class of stimulants. I'm unaware of studies showing whether phenteramine helps with adhd. In general, stimulants acutely suppress appetite but do not make good long-term treatments for obesity because effect wears off.

In brief: Different drugs

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott