Will adipex affect my antidepressants or birth control?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Unsure
There are no direct drug-drug interactions that i know of, however, this drug does affect metabolism and weight and with that can affect menses and absorption of other drugs.
I would seek the counsel of my pcp/gyn/mental health provider and would consider a consultation with a pharmacy doctorate and be cautious of the mixing of these meds if any concern. Being pregnany if unwanted is serious!

In brief: Unsure
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Lydia Collins
Gynecology
In brief: Yes and no
There is no interaction between adipex and birth control.
There is an interaction between adipex and certain antidepressants. As an example, here is the interaction listed for adipex with prozac: http://www.Drugs.Com/drug-interactions/phentermine-with-prozac-1851-0-1115-648.Html?Consumer=1 if Prozac (fluoxetine) isn't the anti-depressant you're on, run the interaction search using the medication you're on.

In brief: Yes and no
Dr. Lydia Collins
Dr. Lydia Collins
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine