Im 26 weeks pregnant and I have been having cramping that feels like period cramps! is this bad?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Please call OB ASAP

If you cannot reach your OB provider, go to the nearest labor and delivery for evaluation.
This might be pain from any pelvic or abdominal structures like bowel or bladder that needs treatment. It also could be cramping of the uterus placing you are at risk for preterm delivery. So do not delay, call your OB provider and prepare to go quickly to labor and delivery for examination and monitoring.

In brief: Please call OB ASAP

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
2 comments
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thank you for Agreeing with my Answer. There is more on preterm birth prevention and outcomes on my Guides. They can be found under my profile www.healthtap.com/DrPam Cheers. Pam
Dr. Pam Yoder
Here are the names of the Guides: Why is my baby coming early? PREMATURE labor, PRETERM delivery, PREEMIE baby
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice

In brief: I am not OB

Would refer you to our OB specialists at healthtap.

In brief: I am not OB

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Jane Van Dis