What is visual vertigo?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Vretigo from vision

Some people, myself included, can get vertigo and dizzy from looking at things that are moving rapidly.
An example of this are the high definition video games that people play. If the characters in the game move rapidly from place to place, up and down, it can make you dizzy and nauseous. Reading your cell phone in the car can also make you very dizzy. The eyes are hard wired into the inner ear.

In brief: Vretigo from vision

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Oscillopsia

Raid movements in the visual field is called oscillopsia and is due to rapid eye movements (nystagmus).
It may be due to a neurological problem affecting the inner ear or brain stem so i would suggest seeing a neuro-ophthalmologist for an evaluation.

In brief: Oscillopsia

Dr. Richard Carlin
Dr. Richard Carlin
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine