How is vertigo treated?

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology
In brief: Depends on cause
Most acquired vertigo is due to inflamation of the middle ear apparatus and steroids help a great deal in my opinion.
Vertigo can also be caused by specific stroke types or migraines, and at times even epilepsy! need to determine what type, which neurologists are trained to do.

In brief: Depends on cause
Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Depends
There can be many causes of vertigo.
As stated already, can be stroke, migraine, tumor, most commonly inner ear stones. One thing you can try while going through medical work up, is inner ear stone repositioning exercises, search youtube for 'epley maneuvers' will explain clearly, very often effective. What you shouldnt do no matter the cause is drive if you are dizzy...

In brief: Depends
There can be many causes of vertigo.
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine