What are the symptoms of tourette syndrome?

Vocal and Motor Tics. Tourette's syndrome is a tic disorder that involves both motor (movement) and vocal tics. Tics are involuntary actions (vocal or movement) that occur mutliple times per day. Vocal tics can take the form of throat clearing, sounds or full words or phrases. Motor tics can be simple (shoulder shrug, forced eye blink) or complex (involving multiple muscle groups and a series of rapid movements).
Severe tic syndrome. Multiple tics associated with snorting, sniffing, involuntary vocalizations, and troublesome compulsive and aggressive impulses constitute the major features of gilles de la tourette syndrome. It is the rarest and most severe of the tic disorders that begins in childhood, usually as a simple tic. Hyperactivity and disorders of attention and perception are frequent. Intelligence does not decline.