How long does marijuana stay in the blood stream?

One Month. For a heavy user up to one month, rarely longer. Thc really doesn't stay in the blood stream, rather-it is stored in fat and is considered fat soluble. In fact, that is why it can take so long to get out of the body. The thc has to get out of the fat cells. It does depend upon, as one colleague has noted, the frequency of the use as well as the potency of the drug.
Weeks. The effects of smoking marijuana fade quickly, but the drug, known affectionately as "weed, " can be detected in the body for weeks and sometimes longer. How long it remains in the system depends on how often or how much marijuana the user has been smoking.