What can cause subarachnoid hemorrhage?

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology
In brief: Head trauma
Head trauma is the most common cause, although cerebral aneurism is the most common cause of spontaneous sah.
Formal cerebral angiogram in my opinion is still the gold standard for diagnosing aneurism.

In brief: Head trauma
Dr. Felix Brizuela
Dr. Felix Brizuela
In brief: Rupture of aneurysm
Subarachnoid hemorrhage is due to the rupture of a saccular aneurys.
The aneurysm are likened to the weakening of a tire wall, only they occur in the wall of the cerebral vessels. There is increased incidence of sah in patients with poorly controlled blood pressure and in congenital polycystic kidney disease. There are about 26, 000 sah/yr. With peak incidence between 35 and 65 yrs.

In brief: Rupture of aneurysm
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Dr. Eric Weisman