Can I take betaseron (interferon beta 1b) while breastfeeding?

No. Unfortunately, there are no great studies demonstrating that this medicine is not passed in breast milk, but due to its potentially harmful interactions with fetuses, it's best to not use it while lactating. The official statement is to "either discontinue lactation, or discontinue the drug." formula or human banked breast milk would be best in this case.
Yes. Betaseron (interferon beta 1b) is broken down in the intestinal tract and thus must be injected. Any Betaseron (interferon beta 1b) that is excreted into breastmilk is therefore likely to get broken down by the baby's intestinal tract. However, no studies have been down to prove its safety in breastfeeding. You should discuss it with your doctor and your baby's pediatrician to weigh the risk/benefit.