Are home doppler monitors a good investment?

Dr. Terrence Harris

In brief: Not really

Opinions will differ, but with obstetric care, you have open access to your obstetrician, usually for an unlimited number of visits.
If you want reassurance of the baby's heartbeat, i'd rather you come in to see me than make yourself nervous with a home monitor. If you do decide to get one, remember that finding the heartbeat, especially early on, is not necessarily easy. Don't go crazy.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Darrin Cunningham

In brief: Not usually

Most people get nervous if they can't find the heart beat because they dont know how to properly use the monitor.

In brief: Not usually

Dr. Darrin Cunningham
Dr. Darrin Cunningham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham