Are there good treatments for spasticity in ms?

Both drug and non-drug approaches can be very helpful.
Physical therapy can direct you in helpful stretching exercises. Medications such as tizanidine, baclofen, clonazepam, diazepam have all been used to address the mechanisms of spasticity.

Dr. Virginia Simnad
Dr. Virginia Simnad
Dr. Emerald Lin
Also, botulinum toxin and intrathecal baclofen are good alternatives or adjuncts. Pairing with physical therapy helps a patient maximize the benefits.

In brief: Muscle relaxants

Use of a muscle relaxant such as Baclofen is useful in treating spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis.
Stretching exercises are often taught by physical therapy to reduce, and prevent muscle spasms and keeping them from tightening up.

In brief: Muscle relaxants

Dr. Joseph Newman
Dr. Joseph Newman

In brief: Not super, but

Research is focusing on the area.
Baclofen and tizanidine are usual drugs, but diazepam may be selected. If the spasticity is bad, BOTOX or a baclofen pump may be useful. I think physical therapy can be beneficial. Would propose consideration for one of the research trials. Some of my patients feel medical marijuana is useful.. Some data out of Europe supports this.

In brief: Not super, but

Research is focusing on the area.