Can I carry on with my pregnancy as i've just been diagnosed with borderline pulmonary hypertension, i'm super fit with no symptoms!? I'm 15 weeks

Dr. Charles Burger
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: PH and Pregnancy

Pulmonary hypertension (ph) in pregnancy increases the risk of complications including those that are life-threatening.
Ph also increases the risk to the fetus. Your current physical conditioning may not be relevant. You should discuss your clinical situation with your obstetrician and if necessary a ph expert.

In brief: PH and Pregnancy

Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: See MFM Specialist

You need to be seen by a maternal fetal specialist with your high risk pregnancy.
You should do well if you're in good health but need to be monitored, deliver in a tertiary care center (no home birth!), and discuss your care and health with your specialist. They most likely will also consult with a cardiologist to evaluate the cause & effects from pregnancy. Please see an OB specialist for this.

In brief: See MFM Specialist

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Shontae Buffington