After I shave my vagina I get red pimple-like/ ingrown hairs. It hurts to shave it and the bumps hurt. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Various. At times, these hair follicles may get infected. This is folliculitis. If folliculitis is mild, topical over-the-counter antibiotic will work (polysporin, neosporin or bacitracin) 2-3 times/day. Topical Hydrocortisone will also help. If very tender, you may need brief oral antibiotics, and let it heal before shaving again. Always shave with the direction of hair growth, & try aloe vera after.