My 6 month old keeps grabbing his ear when he cries or when the dog barks. He doesn't act sick or have a fever. He is teething. Infected ear?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Could be infecion

Crying causes increase pressure in ears, lound noise causes eardrum to vibrate etc.
.Thus can increase pain. If there is an infection, the drum area is more sensitive to pressure and thus things that cause changes here can increase pain, hence child is pulling and crying. I would have him evaluated. Since he is only 6 months, antibiotic is often recommended. Good luck.

In brief: Could be infecion

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Earache?

Your suspicion of an ear infection could be true.
However, the best thing to do is have him be checked by his doctor. Is he cramky? Is he refusing his bottle?

In brief: Earache?

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine