Does massage treatment help restless leg syndrome?

Dr. Marcel Hungs
Neurology
There are many approaches that help rls.
Massage of legs is reported by many patients as relieve prior to bedtime. I do noted that excessive massage of legs can distract from falling asleep. Botten line: if it helps, use it, if it's excessive talk to your doctor about treatment alternatives.

Dr. Marcel Hungs
Dr. Marcel Hungs
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: It may
A variety of integrative (or cam) techniques, including massage, acupuncture, acupressure, a variety of herbal remedies have people giving testimonials about how well they work.
However, I have not been able to find randomized controlled trials that put these claims to the test. That being said, massage is certainly a technique that could not hurt, and may at least temporarily give some relief.

In brief: It may
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Adam Smith