Is it normal to feel guilty about going back to work?

Dr. Terrence Harris
In brief: Of course
Feelings of guilt when returning to work after having a baby are very normal.
But, remember that having a life outside of parenthood does not make you a bad parent. You need to find your own balance. (make sure to avoid people who try to make you feel more guilty - they are not helpful.).

In brief: Of course
Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Terrence Harris
Dr. Ira Katz
Although I agree with Dr. Harris this is not a simple question. It depends on how soon after giving birth. Are you having other symptoms such as depression, crying spells, mood swings, weight changes, difficulty with breast feeding or other new or unusual symptoms. If this is the case you should discuss it further with with your Gyn or PCP.
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Guilt
I don't think it is abnormal to experience guilt when returning to work but your guilt is telling you something that is woth being aware of, for instance are you working too much, do you regret leaving your family etc.

In brief: Guilt
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Jack Hinkle