Can I take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) while breastfeeding?

Yes. Taking Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can lead to a temporary decrease in breastmilk supply but usually it is minor unless you take a lot or for a long time.
Yes. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an over-the-counter allergy medicine, and is ok to take while breastfeeding. Pediatricians sometimes use plain Benadryl (diphenhydramine) syrup for allergic reactions in toddlers, down to age 1 year. Many allergy medicines are approved for use in children themselves, if 2 years or older. Examples include: oral allegra, claritin, singulair, & zyrtec; and nasal sprays nasacort aq, nasonex, & veramyst.