What is the average complete recovery time for someone with traumatic optic neuritis?

Dr. Peter Glusker
Neurology
In brief: Optic neuritis
Since your question specifically states 'traumatic' optic neuritis, the answer will depend on the nature and severity and extent of the trauma.
I would suggest seeing an ophthalmologist who can examine you for specific information.

In brief: Optic neuritis
Dr. Peter Glusker
Dr. Peter Glusker
Dr. Howard Pomeranz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Optic nerve trauma
I typically allow my patients with traumatic optic neuropathy at least one year for recovery of vision, depending on the degree of initial trauma.
The more severe the trauma, the longer recovery of vision takes.

In brief: Optic nerve trauma
Dr. Howard Pomeranz
Dr. Howard Pomeranz
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Trauma
Most traumatic optic neuropathies never recover completely although the visual deficit varies widely depending on the severity of the injury.
You should followup with your eye doctor closely.

In brief: Trauma
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Peter Kurzweil