Is 16 too young for a breast reduction because i'm in a lot of pain?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not Necessarily

It is possible that you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis.
In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress. As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications involved.

In brief: Not Necessarily

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Ashley Gordon
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

I have performed breast reduction surgery on teenagers who were suffering from the physical and psychological stress of their enlarged breasts.
It's important to understand that your breasts can continue to grow after a reduction. You should schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and the risk/benefits of the procedure.

In brief: No

Dr. Ashley Gordon
Dr. Ashley Gordon
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe, maybe not...

The youngest patient I have operated on was 15.
She had enormous breasts and had so much neck pain her pediatrician thought that she had cervical disc disease. This is unusual, however. If you have significant pain and very large breasts, see a surgeon certified by the american board of plastic surgery to discuss your options.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not...

Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most agree

You should wait till your 18.
But there can be relative indications at that age. Your breast must have ceased to grow for more than one year.

In brief: Most agree

You should wait till your 18.
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Jane Van Dis