If I had nephrotic syndrome and I have really bad tooth ache, can I take antibiotics?

Dr. Cathy Waterloo
Dentistry

In brief: Find cause of pain.

Tooth pain is not always treated with antibiotics.
Do not take them if the reason for taking them is not clear. You are correct in taking your kidney function into consideration before taking antibiotics. See your dentist for a diagnosis.

In brief: Find cause of pain.

Dr. Cathy Waterloo
Dr. Cathy Waterloo
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry

In brief: Depends...

Due to the serious nature of nephrotic syndrome, it would be best to proceed with a non antibiotic solution to your tooth pain, such as extraction and subsequent bridge or implant.
Treatment by your dentist should be coordinated and approved by the md who is handling the nephrotic syndrome.

In brief: Depends...

Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine