How long can it take for iron supplements to get rid of anemia symptoms?

60-90 days. If it's going to work, you need enbough time to make more red blood cells. Keep getting it checked to make sure it's not something serious like crohn's.
Depends. This will depend on how low the blood counts were when iron deficiency was diagnosed. It also depends on how much and what type of iron is being taken. Ideally, the anemia will be improved in 4-8 weeks. However, treatment may be needed for longer, as the goal is often to replenish the body's iron stores. This take a month or two longer.