Are there medical conditions that cause numbness and tingling in the upper back between shoulder blades?

Numb. We worry about "thoracic outlet syndrome" but the person to best help is an orthopedic doctor. You might need an EMG by a neurologist as well. Start with the orthopedic doctor first. If you are displease with their plans, seek a neurologist.