Does albuterol work?

Typically, yes. Based on thousands if not millions of patients who have used albuterol, it should be considered a reasonable and safe medication for use. Any medication however may have side effects, and some users seem more sensitive to the fast heart rate, irritability, and agitation that can be encountered with its use. Your own physician is your best advisor as to the dose & frequency should it be required.
Define "work" You get more from this site when you actually provide background information on your issue before you ask a related question.Albuterol is a chemical cousin of adrenalin, that was used by injection 3-4 decades ago to reverse asthma attacks.Inhaled albuterol can work a more acceptable way & is safe & effective when used appropriately. It is one of many tools we have to treat asthma as part of a plan.