Aortic stenosis --is it serious?

Depends. Depends upon degree, other underlying disease and history of progression. It certainly can be serious, but with todays sophisticated echocardiography, we see a lot of mild aortic stenosis that is identified incidentally that will never amount to much.
Aortic stenosis. This is usually progressive narrowing of the aortic valve. If the valve becomes critically narrowed, especially with symptoms of chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting with exercise, can decrease survival significantly unless the valve is replaced.
Yes. Critical aortic stenosis may result in sudden death, stroke.Organic heart disease, heart failure, heart attack. Echocardiography and cardiac catheterization are diagnostic.