What can cause muscle spasms in stomach?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Food intolerance

Stomach spasms are usually related to diet, but can also be due to gastritis, gall bladder, stress infections or inflammation.
See your doctor to help sort this, but i also recommend that you look at your diet. See if there is something you are eating repeatedly that may be the problem. In my practice gluten and dairy are high on the list. Do an elimination diet with them for a few weeks.

In brief: Food intolerance

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Ulcer, acid, alcohol

All the above can cause spasms of the stomach itself.
If you mean all the intestine inside the abdomen then anything that can cause obstruction like a blockage then constipation, kinking, adhesions, etc can cause muscle spasms. Also bacterial toxins and poisons.

In brief: Ulcer, acid, alcohol

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Peter Kurzweil