Cytomegalovirus and sick baby link?

In brief: Please start over

CMV is a common germ that will infect most of the population at some point.
It can produce damage to a fetus if the mother has her infection with it during pregnancy.If infected in late pregnancy or early infancy it can produce deafness.For most who have it in childhood it is a mild mono like illness. Your submission did not ask a clear question.If this info doesn't help,please re-submit

In brief: Please start over

Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: CMV cytomegalovirus

I wouln't consider it a link but CMV is one of a group of infectious agents that cause newborn infections in addition to bacteria (group b strep, e.
Coli) and other viruses (herpes simplex).

In brief: CMV cytomegalovirus

Dr. Vicken Poochikian