What is best way to treat symptoms of degenerative disc disease?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Lifestyle changes

Usually incorpoating an exercise routine, proper weight control, smoking cessation, possible use of a back support, making sure your mattress is good and sometimes use of over the counter medications if no medical reasons not for their use.

In brief: Lifestyle changes

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: What symptoms?

Stay active swim or water exercises cycling avoid golf and racket ball do pilates massage otc nsaids avoid narcotics use activity modification to control symptoms not everybody with ddd hurts its not a disease it is a condition and a x-ray finding my opinion.
If pain is a symptom see a pain specialist for diagnosis injection and other treatments.

In brief: What symptoms?

Dr. Eric Weisman