My period is almost 2 weeks late and I was wonderig if I had sex 3 days prior to when my period was expected, can I still get pregnant?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Yes, it happens

You can get pregnant anytime during your cycle, albeit less of a chance around the time of your menstrual flow.
The chance is much higher during time of ovulation--mid cycle for most folks, but it can happen at any time. My suggestion would be to check a hpt---it is quick, easy, and quite accurate. If negative, repeat in 5-7 days to confirm. Consult doc for problems. Good luck.

In brief: Yes, it happens

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Adam Levy