How can I get rid of a migraine headache?

Self care. You can try some home remedies for starters. - lifestyle: smoking cessation, less alcohol use, regular sleep, healthy diet, regular exercise - avoid triggers: common triggers include coffee, chocolates, yellow cheese, other dairy products, red meat, nuts, alcohol - caffeine can also help in some individuals in reducing headaches - consult your primary physician or neurologist.
It Depends. For occasional migraines (1 a month or less) taking a medication like Ibuprofen to to stop the headache as soon as it starts can be effective. If your headaches are more frequent taking this type of medication frequently can lead to rebound headaches and you might need a medication to prevent your migraines. In addition there is some evidence for cam like acupuncture, and feverfew.