What can I do for the pain of my venous stasis?

Venous stasis pain. Lying down and putting your feet up higher than your heart helps. Compression is essential but you might need 30-40 mm hg stockings. The easiest way to do this is usually to wear prescription graduated compression stockings or circaids. If you can take anti-inflammatory medicine, that can help too. The best thing though is to see a vein specialist and treat your underlying venous insufficiency.
Pain with veins. There are many types of pain syndromes related to venous disease that require different approaches. You should see a clinician to review the findings and make suggestions: for example, the pain from leg swelling requires a different approach than the pain from an ulceration.
See phlebologist. Venous stasis disease can be nicely treated by a phlebologist, and you can seek the help of one close to you by going to www.Phlebology.Org, and placing your zip code. Treatment of the venous insufficiency is the best way to help you.
Compression. The best way to deal with pain and aching often associated with venous stasis is to prevent it! compression stocking are the mainstay of therapy. Most commonly knee high garments with at least 20-30 mmhg compression. Weight loss, leg elevation, and excercise all have important roles. People that have symptoms despite conservative therapy may need other interventions. See a vascular specialist!