What are the best treatments for postpartum depression?

Therapy & medication. Psychotherapy with a mental health professional with specialization in treatment of postpartum emotional disorders is very effective. Many women often need medication as well. With treatment, there is a very high success rate.
Medication. Despite tv commercials blasting their safety, it is a fact that our current anti-depressants (such as zoloft, (sertraline) celexa, etc.) are extremely helpful, with a rapid response to post-partum depression. In conjunction with counseling (if needed), most women will see a rapid return to normalcy and a happy, enjoyable time with their newborn.