When our son was 11, he had warts on his hands. He took tagamet (cimetidine) orally and this took care of it?

Warts and tagamet (cimetidine) There are both studies and anecdotal reports of tagamet (cimetidine) helping pediatric warts. I have had intermittent success with it, but most pediatric warts respond to chemical destruction painlessly, so i rarely have a need for it.
Tagamet (cimetidine) & warts. There are anecdotal reports of tagamet (cimetidine) eliminating warts. It is known to stimulate t-lymphocytes, which help control viral infections. One small trial in children found tagamet (cimetidine) as effective as the usual topical agents or cryotherapy. But in a more recent double-blind study, it was not found to be significantly more effective than placebo in adults or children. More research needed.