Can low thyroid cause blurred vision?

Dr. Victor Bello
Ophthalmology

In brief: Low thyroid & vision

This is a very good question!.
Here is my answer. Yes it can, but the levels of hypothyroidism (low thyroid) we see in practice are not likely to do so. Essentially your thyroid function has to be so low that the patient's metabolism is actually stagnant.... Practically stopped! in a condition that used to be called myxedema, in which every organ function may be impaired. Even coma can occur.

In brief: Low thyroid & vision

This is a very good question!.
Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

All thyroid conditions can cause blurred vision, usually due to dry eyes or inflammation.
This is known as 't.R.O.' or thyroid related ophthalmopathy.

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Peter Kurzweil